Monday, March 7, 2011

Chest of Drawers in AutoCAD

AuoCAD is a major part of the Interior Design world. This program allows you to execute detailed drawings of buildings, rooms, plans, and just about anything. It is a very difficult and confusing program but I think I am beginning to get the hang of it.
The above picture is of a chest of drawers I made in the AutoCAD program. There were many steps taken to complete the entire thing. The majority of the piece was simple because it mainly consisted of rectangles and offsetting. The top and bottom of the chest were more difficult because there are arcs involved which can get tricky.
The ogee feet located on the bottom of the chest were incredibly hard to do. We completed those in class seperately from the rest of the chest and later combined the two.
AutoCAD is a program that takes patience and practice. It can be very stressful but fun at the same time. The better you get at it, the more fun it will be!

2 comments:

  1. Great design in AutoCad, How much time did it take to you to complete it? I know little bit autocad but I think it would have taken you much of time? Right
    carpet cleaners palos verdes estates

    Do you do freelancing?

    Best Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drawing is very nice for practice.
    Would you please send me dwg file (2007 Ver) to my email giiriidharii@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete